Friends of the Library Annual Scholarship
The Annual Scholarship application is now available. Any graduating Senior who resides in Glen Ridge is encouraged to apply. Submissions are due May 15, 2021. Email questions to email@example.com
What We Believe
Libraries strengthen and enrich communities by providing every person equal and open access to information and technology. A great library is essential to a vibrant and strong community. The Friends of the Glen Ridge Library values integrity, creativity, inclusiveness, and innovation in our activities, responsible stewardship of our resources, and are a committed partner with the Glen Ridge Public Library.
Who We Are and What We Do
- We lead advocacy and fundraising efforts for the Glen Ridge Public Library.
- We fund diverse programs, resources, and services beyond those supported by your tax dollars, thereby enriching and enhancing our public library and the community of Glen Ridge.
- We nurture and engage a community of library advocates and supporters through fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, community partnerships, outreach events, and countless library programs.
- We provide the community with continuing opportunities to invest in the success of the Glen Ridge Public Library.
- We educate and encourage the community to take advantage of all the enriching, amazing, and free resources and services our library offers.
Join Us and Be Part of Your Library and Community
Being a Friend of the Glen Ridge Library means that you recognize the importance of your public library and its place within the community. You value what the library provides you, your family, and neighbors. You understand that a strong library = a strong community.
The Friends is a 100% volunteer driven organization that needs participation from our community to achieve our goals. Being active in the Friends is a great way to give back to your community and meet new people.
The Friends have many different types of volunteer opportunities that can fit your schedule and life. When meetings are held (which are only a few times per year) you can attend in person or join us through Zoom online meetings.
Interested in learning more? Please complete the form and one of our volunteers will contact you.